One of the most frequently asked questions that we get is, “How can I optimize my Google My Business?” This is a major query because it relates directly to getting your business the maximum level of exposure. Without this exposure, your business won’t be able to survive. So how can you reach this very crucial goal?
Create Your Google My Business Account
“How can I optimize my Google My Business?” is a question with an obvious first step as an answer. This will be to create and maintain an account on Google My Business. The account is absolutely free to create. Once you have done so, you will then be free to connect it with your official Google My Business profile.
Fill Out Every Section of Your Account
The idea behind having a Google My Business account is to increase your ranking in the local search results. This is an action that will lead to you getting more attention from the public. The end result will be an increase in the number of clicks to your site. These can end up netting you a higher number of sales.
However, this can only happen when your Google My Business profile is completely filled out. There are a number of areas that you need to attend to right away.
These will include the following:
- The name of your business
- The physical address of your business, should one exist
- A phone number by which you can be contacted
- The email that you use for your business
- The hours that you are available to be contacted on behalf of your business
However, these are not the only areas of your Google My Business profile that will need to be filled out. There are still others to attend to. These are areas that will require a bit more time and effort to complete. You should definitely take the time to make your response to these is fully informative and engaging.
The sections of your Google My Business profile that will take more time and effort to complete can be listed as follows:
- The specific category your business falls into
- The specific attributes of your business
- The products and services that your business offers to the public
- A special “From the business” section that can contain some of your most enticing SEO content
- An FAQ section that will answer the questions you most often get from your customers
There are also some areas of your Google My Business profile that will need to be maintained and updated on a regular basis.
These sections will include the following:
- Your ongoing blog section, which can be brought up to speed on a day to day basis
- The reviews that you get from your customers
- The questions and answers that appear in your FAQ section
Make Sure Your Contact Info is Accurate
It will be up to you to do all in your power to make sure that your contact info is fully up to date. This is one area that you can’t afford to get wrong. Make sure that the name of the business that is listed is identical to the one that appears on your site. It also needs to match the sign on your physical location.
You will also need to confirm that the name of your business in the listing matches every other listing across the web. This uniformity is crucial because it ensures that an interested person can always find your business under the same name. Your Google My Business listing needs to confirm this as a fact.
Contact Us for More Helpful Info
When it comes to an answer for, “How can I optimize my Google My Business?”, you’ve got to look in the right place. You can do this by making sure to connect with a local SEO and website maintenance service. The Builders Agency is here to be your one stop shop in this regard. Get in touch with us today for more info.